CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Trip to DC

We had a great time in DC over the weekend (despite the mad heat, hitting a parked car, getting a speeding ticket for 19 over, and walking over 5 miles to get to where we wanted) it was worth it. There is so much history here and it's such a gorgeous clean city! I would love to live there. The buildings are spectacular. We wished we had more than a day there for sure. We went to the holocaust museum as well as what was in the pictures, that was a little depressing, but it was great to be reminded. Jaxson was a trooper through the trip, even though 4 hours each way of driving in the car was a little rough for him. We decided that if tourists from other countries visit Washington DC first, no wonder they think our country is the best! Because DC certainly is a great representation of it. Visiting there made me a little bit more proud to be an American.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

I love DC! I wish you had more time there too! There is so much to see and do.

karlee said...

Glad you got to go down while you were still out there. DC is an amazing place. Fun pictures.. fun memories.

Kyle & Shadolyn said...

We had so much fun with you guys & everyone in DC. You got some great pictures! We will never forget it, or you guys! We will miss you when we leave...hope we can get together again!

Charise said...

Jacque! I'm glad you commmented on my blog! See, I love finding everyone on here! I added you on my list so we can keep in touch! Your little one is so cute! I've been busy teaching first grade and I'm working on my Masters degree! Life is crazy, but good! I hope all is well with you! Where are you guys at?

Southern Belle said...

Jackie!! Your blog is so cute!! I just started doing this whole blog thing a couple months ago and it is so fun to go look at everyone's and see what people are up to! Your baby is so adorable!! If you guys ever come down to Georgia area, then let me know!!! It sounds like everything is going great for you! Is your husband still in school? How long does he have left? Are you still going to school?