CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Long overdue...

It has been way too long since I have posted anything...forgive me. I certainly have a lot to catch up. Our move from NYC to St. George was great, everything went smooth except a few days before, Jaxson got sick with the flu, and then I did the night before the flight, so it was a rough flight for me. Luckily Jaxson was an perfect angel. I think he cried once for like two minutes. We did take a break in SLC for a few hours so he could run around, but seriously I have never seen Jaxson be that good while travelling, well actually any baby that good while travelling. it was amazing. Right before we left I took these pics, and they are my favorite so far. Jaxson and daddy cuddling (which Jaxson hardly ever does by the way). The thumbsucker!
Best Pals
We are glad we are home for sure. We missed our family, and as soon as we got home we had the annual Enterprise CornFest. My father-in-law Jack Holt grows the corn locally in Enterprise UT, and has for more years than I have been alive! He grows the best corn in town and in the whole state in mine and many people's opinions. People come from all over the state and west US to get it! It's that good! And we're still getting tasty corn now...just perks of being family.
The yummy seredipity corn.
We actually had a wedding to go to during the corn fest, and it was Nate's best friend, Jordan, from high school. We decided we couldn't miss the wedding up in Provo, and missed the festivities of the cornfest...when I say festivities, I mean all the work! The Holt family (all 9 kids, in-laws, and grandkids) all get together to sell not only corn...but also navajo tacos, and tons of other baked goods and drinks for all the people that come to town for the corn fest. It's a ton of work, and I'm afraid if we get out of it next year again, the whole family will kill us. haha. So these are pics of only some of the fam after all their hard work. So they are a little pooped to say the least. Many of them caught the flu (and that's not the first time the flu has been spread at a holt gathering, it seems to be a tradition ahha). But this was a great event, and it was great to see the whole family again after a long summer. I wish I had pics of all of the family. Thanks everyone who helped and made it a successful year!
Me, Courtney Hurley, Jacquelyn Hurley, Chanda Holt
Jack Holt, Cory Holt, Kaye Holt
Alesha Holt, Cory Holt, Chanda Holt
Jared and Heidi Moody
McKayla
Kevin Holt (Sick with the flu)
Courtney and Grandpa
Eva Moody, Jaxson's little cousin
Other updates for our family...
Well school started for Nate and I. Although because I was admitted late to SUU, I couldn't get into two very important classes that I needed, so I decided not to attend this semester. Nate is in all the classes he needs at Dixie and is doing great! He spends a lot of time studying and isn't working this year to meet his goals of getting his schooling done with better grades. Great idea in my opinion. He will be done with his associates finally in June, and then will work for his bachelors after that. I am now trying to find a good job that will work with both Nate's and my schedule so that we don't have to worry about babysitters. I started coaching volleyball with my alma mater...Snow Canyon High School. I really love coaching. It's something I want to do the rest of my life, and I'm just getting started, yay. Thanks to my Dixie college coach...the Parker's, I have this awesome opportunity!
I just gave my boys haircuts, and did nate's without clippers which was a first for me, and very difficult. But they both needed it badly, Nate was starting to look real shaggy (which I like if it was on a younger kid), and Jaxson had a mullet on the back of his head! haha.
Nate's before pic

And After...All of you who have cut baby's hair know how hard it is to get behind the ears and neck...well, after a lengthy amount of time I finally go it!

I had to throw this picture in...we were in the other room and usually I can hear Jaxson pretty good because he is a talker for sure, but for a while he was quiet...you all know what I am about to say...yes he was getting into something. It was the Oreos!! Can you believe it. I wasn't so much upset he was eating straight sugar as I was rolling on the ground laughing.

Well, finally, you got the highlights of our life up until now. Congrats to all those who have had kids recently, moved recently, graduated recently, started new schools recently, and won games recently. So much has happened in all of our lives...so lets keep blogging about it eh?

6 comments:

Mindy Holt said...

So glad you guys are back in Utah! Missed ya, and it was great to see you. Thanks again for dutch oven you brought!

Cicely said...

K. I didn't even know that you were coachin. Let alone coaching at SC!

Call me. I miss your face.

Southern Belle said...

Jackie:) Hello hello! I have been doing fine with Jeff gone all the time, luckily, because I have been working at a bank, so I have been keeping myself busy. The hardest time is friday nights when I come home by myself and he doesn't get home til like 3 to 4:30 am. It is scary, I have always been scared to be alone in a house in the dark!! So is coaching fun? Are you coaching JV or sophs or just helping out with Varsity? How are the Parkers doing? What is Coach (Jeff) Parker doing now that he isn't coaching at Dixie? Are they planning on staying in St.George? How old is Ciara now? Last time I saw her was at a volleyball camp and she is such a good little player already! Anyway, I am glad you put up another post:) Oh, does Nate know what he wants to do yet for school? Are you going to get your teaching certificate? Your baby is getting so big!! You have such a cute little family:)

The Littlest Moons said...

What a fun summer--love the hair. we miss you guys and if we get to st george soon we will have to get together! Im glad the fight turned out ok--talk to you soon.

Brinda said...

Wow Jaxson's growing fast! I can't wait to see you guys again...I hope it's soon!

Have fun with your coaching :)

Angela said...

That's one thing I really miss is my Uncle Jack's corn. You definitely can't get corn on the cob like that up in Alaska