CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Snow Canyon Volleyball, State Champs!

I had the opportunity to assistant coach the Snow Canyon volleyball team this year from august to the first week of november when they went to the state tournament at UVU. It was so much fun, I went to SC myself, graduated in 2001, and we were only able to take 3rd my junior year, 2nd my senior year. So to be a part of a state championship team this year was super fun. This is their 3rd year in a row taking state, with Dixie (our region 9 rival) taking 2nd each of those years. It was such a great experience. I learned a lot from the head coach, Coach Parker, whose husband was my coach at Dixie College. I'm glad I had the opportunity, and I will continue coaching. I'm coaching a 14's team for SUVA club starting in January. Here are some pics from our fabulous experience.














The fans were great. Because of the game before starting two hours late, Our game didn't even start until 9:45, so the girls were tired. But it actually worked to our advantage I think, we beat Dixie in 3 games instead of the thrillers that we had earlier in the season that went to 5 games. I probably won't coach next year there just because we'll probably be moving to Cedar for school, but participating was a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Heather & Josh said...

Hey thats so fun that you helped. I'm bummed I didn't see you. I saw Elaina at a tournamend this year. I was the head coach this year for West Jordan High School. We have a long ways to go before winning state. But I'm working on the program. That is awesome that you guys won. Congrats.

Southern Belle said...

Thanks for posting these pics! i can't believe how old Ciara looks!! That is so fun that you got to be a part of that, I bet you learned a lot! Tell the Parkers I said hi! So are you going to coach in Cedar City next year?

Amelia said...

Man, this makes me miss competing. Time to get back to it!!