CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Welcome to the big apple...or close to



We're in Fort Lee NJ now, just a hop skip and a bus ride away from NYC. It's such a blast! Well for me anyway. Nate's hard at work 10 hours a day, I can't imagine that he's having much fun other than meeting new people. I finally got to go into the city this week. Jaxson and I went with a friend and got to see Amy my Twin sister while she was in port for a day off the Carnival Cruise ship. It was so fun to see Amy, since it's been a few months already that we've been away from each other. It probably will be more than that if and when she moves to London. Her boyfriend James will be coming from London in a few weeks to go on the cruise she works on and will stay with us for a couple days to tour the city. Amy is a dancer on the cruise and lives on the ship for the duration of her contract. I know lots of people ask me where she lives while she is working, and they are usually surprised to hear that she lives there. It definitely would be a difficult life, but she loves it, this is her 2nd cruise. We found out that babies cost just as much as adults so I probably won't be going on this one.

More about New York, this is probably a bad picture to put on my family friendly blog, but it was just so random that this almost naked cowboy was on the streets. Good thing Jaxson was asleep and didn't get a shot of it. (and don't worry, I wasn't the one that took the picture). I thought I was only going to see bums on the street and normal people trying to play for money...little did I know that it is like Vegas and LA where there are crazies running around.






I think Times Square was fun just because it was so busy busy and so many movies that we watch have New York in them, specifically Times Square. It reminded me exactly of Tokyo where I served my mission, except for the fact that I can read and understand everything in New York. And of course Tokyo is ten times more clean and safe than New York. We rode the subways and it's pretty trashy to be honest. But I can't complain, at least it was only $2 to get home instead of what a taxi would have cost me. Most everything there is not baby friendly though, nothing really has room for strollers and you have to be very quick with everything.

We didn't end up doing much because we figured Nate would want to come see stuff on sunday, his only day off. We mostly walked around and looked at things and took it all in. What a breathtaking experience. We ate lunch in Central Park and watched some crazy breakdancing gymnasts perform. Jaxson was such a trooper, he handled all the travelling well I think. After we got back...that's when he started getting really fussy. Poor kid, trying to get used to his new home and all the new things, plus he probably got jet lag really bad....AND he is teething like crazy. Two of his teeth are coming in, one has broken the surface all the way and the other is halfway. But I can only imagine how uncomfortable that was, of course I can't remember anything before I was one years old. (I can't remember much from just last week to tell you the truth). So good thing he'll forget the pain soon. He is getting so big, all he does is eat, and now that he has experienced things like Licorice and other fingerfoods, (don't worry, it doesn't all contain that much sugar), he just wants to eat and eat. He doesn't like carrots anymore now that he has more options. But we're in luck because he still likes green beans. I wish I had pictures, but we have just been video-ing lately. I'll be sure to get some soon. The flight for Jaxson was kinda rough, but considering how fussy he normally is, I think he was really good. We did well for not having much space. What a fun kid we have, and a fun adventure we have ahead. Nate needs your prayers to be successful in this job and to get through the summer!

7 comments:

Mindy Holt said...

Wow, you guys are having a blast! Miss you! I love that we can see the things that you are seeing! Love you!!!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Looks like your having some fun! How long will you guys be staying in NJ? How old is your little boy? He is so darling.

karlee said...

why didn't you go up and get your pick WITH the cowboy!? I totally did.. twice! haha.. sounds fun! be safe out there! Word of advise: hand sanitizer!

Jessica said...

Hey! I had no idea you guys lived out East. How long will you be living in NJ? Shelbs will actually be coming out to visit in a week and a half with my mom and grandma for Easton's b-day. We're excited! Now that I know you live in that neck of the woods I'll have an excuse to go to NYC. Do you have an extra bedroom at your place? :) Your little guy is so cute!

Brinda said...

Hey Jacque! I'm glad you've entered the world of blogging, it's great to see pictures of you guys and especially Jaxson. He's such a cute little guy! I look forward to hearing/seeing more of your adventures in New Jersey!

Unknown said...

fun pics. Quite the adventure. I can't believe Jaxon has two teeth coming in. Keep me posted on his progess. It's fun to compare him and the girls. He's so cute!

KayDee said...

Hey!! Are you jsut loving it there?? Shelb said she is going to come see you!! Ya our 3D pics turned out good.... as for the blog template, that is totally Jessica. She got me into this and gets mad that I only do something like once a month to it! Oh well I do like it... one of these days our lives will be more exciting!!