CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Extreme Home Makeover!!

Okay well maybe it wasn't that extreme... But Nate and I decided to makeover my parents front room for christmas that was in desperate need of it. We had fun and it is definitely a change for the better!!


Before....In the process...
AFTER!!!
We haven't figured out what we want to do for furniture yet, so it's just a slip cover for now, and we will probably paint to book case too. But I think it's a great change! My mom said when she was packing up the place before we started, she couldn't believe how much odd things she put together for decoration before. Now it's gorgeous!!

Family wall...
This is the coffee table that we painted and treated. That was a fun project. Below is the mantle that we did the same to. It's not a professional job for sure, but it looks great and it was good to get the experience!

One other thing is that the carpet for sure needs to go! but when my parents get extra money we'll do that, and heck, we'll probably knock some walls down as well!!
Merry Christmas Mom and Dad! It was fun, and hope you love your new room!

6 comments:

Miyuki said...

oh wow!!! can you come over to our place to do some makeover, too?? pleeeeaaase!

The Weston's said...

love it! good for you guys!! i love the family pics.

Anonymous said...

Jacqs! What an awesome idea to do a room makeover as a gift, I love it! And you guys did a great job!

Brian and Jenny said...

Add that to your resume! It looks great. I'm sure your parents loved it.....Now on to Washington to do mine. :)

Tim and Rachel Seely said...

Merry Christmas mom and dad! Wow! Very awesome!!!

Belba said...

Oh, I love the new look. Call me when you are at your parents and I will come over!!!