CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Broadway Baby!



I've been so fortunate this week to go see some broadway shows! First with my mom I got to see Lion King. We took Jaxson, hoping he would be good...but of course, he's fussy when we don't want him to be. Luckily there was a TV out in the hall that I could still watch it. Recommendation...don't ever take babies to broadway, even if it's kid friendly. They still cost $40 or more to sit on your lap. And of course, it would take a miracle to keep them quiet the whole show. (I already knew all this would happen, but it was worth a try I thought). Lion King had fantastic costumes and sets. It was worth it just to see those. It was just like the movie though, with a few exceptions. That was one disappointment, I wanted to see and hear more...not just feel like I was watching the movie. But overall, the experience was worth the money. The next play I saw I got a babysitter, and honestly...all the other kids in the show should have had babysitters too, because it was so noisy. We got tickets in the balcony this time and it was mostly children from elementary schools or middle schools. The boys right behind us were so noisy and rude that we just ended up getting up and moving because we couldn't stand it. I went with my friend Shelbee, and what a classic play we saw! Phantom of the Opera. I was amazed at the talented singers. It was phenomenal, definitely worth seeing. There are many new Broadway plays that are coming out that are pretty random plays, based on other things, like Legally Blonde, and shrek is coming out soon. There is one called 'In the Heights' based on street life in Harlem. I just wish they would go back to writing classics similar to Phantom and LesMiserables, and like my favorite of all time....Aida. Maybe I should write one...
Anyway, great week, it was a blast to have my mom and friend shelbee.

5 comments:

The Weston's said...

way fun! you are so brave taking him!:) so if you see In the heights" tell me about it cuz it won all sorts at the Tony's! anyways- what a fun place to live!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Looks like some fun! I love Phantom of the Opera!! I saw it when it came to Utah and it is awesome!

Brinda said...

Wow, how exciting! We tried taking the kids to the Mormon Miracle Pageant and it didn't work too well either. I'm glad you were still able to see the show out in the hall with Jaxson. When are you guys coming home?

Unknown said...

I could just kiss Jaxon's chubby cheeks. He looks so big sitting in that stroller. I can't wait until I can see you guys again. I am so jealous. I've always wanted to go to broadway and see phantom. Your making memories you'll never forget!!

Jessica said...

Shelb told me about what a great time she had. Wish I could have been there to join you guys for the broadway shows. Aida is one of my favorites too.