CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Trip to Philly!

We decided last minute last weekend to take a quick trip to Philadelphia PA, only 1 1/2 hrs away from where we live. It turned out to be so refreshing and full of history. We took a tour bus which told us so much we didn't know. We visited places like the liberty bell and the independence hall, the columns that Rocky climbed up to in the movie! and many more memorable places. It was such a fun trip, we're so glad we went! (and glad that mom had discounts to the marriott!)
Jaxson & Mommy at the hotel

City of Brotherly LOVE!
World Famous City Hall
Nate at the fountains
Jaxson wanting to eat the camera.
The Benjamin Franklin Science Museum.
This was so cool, the machine took a picture of your face and then you could change your age and see what you would look like! We tried it on Jaxson but it seemed impossible to get a good picture just because he moves so much and the youngest age you can do it is 6years because of the facial features in babies are just not there. But we tried it anyway, this is kinda what he'll look like when he is 15. I hope he looks a little bit older than that....
Jaxson inside an artery. At one point he was this small for reals in my uterus!
Me inside a Giant Heart!








7 comments:

Brinda said...

That's awesome you guys got to see Philadelphia! What a trip. I wouldn't have thought to do a tour to see a place, but it sounds like a great idea especially to learn things you wouldn't have known! Jaxson is such a cutie, I can't wait to see him again :) (You and Nate too)

dave&abby johnson family said...

Looks like you had a fun time! I want to go there!! How long are you guys out her for?

karlee said...

Philly is neat isn't it!? It was strange being the minority (white) when I was there! haha. Fun Trip.. going to make it down to D.C. while your out there? That place is sweet!

Amelia said...

What a great place you guys live in! that is so fun to be able to go see all of those historical places. My dad is a history teacher, so our family vacations were FILLED with things like that. That museum or science center you went to looks awesome!

Jessica said...

That looks like so much fun. There are all kinds of places to see in that area. I wish that I could get up there to visit before you guys go home but I doubt it will happen. My pregnant belly is getting too big. :) Shelbs said she has put you on task to find me a Coach purse from those illegal vendors in the city. Find me a good one or two. I'm in desperate need of a new purse. :)

kate said...

I loved Philly.. A little weird, but still v. cool.. ( I saw a bum lady peeing on the street) ha ha CLASSIC! :)

Jessica said...

Do you remember the Coach purse Shelb got? It kind looks like patchwork (lots of squares of a different print). It's a spring/summer looking purse. I really love that one. I can have her send a pic if you need one. Then maybe a winter one, darker colors. Nothing huge,just regular size. You can always call me too when you know you are headed that way. I can be on standby for suggestions. :) 801-651-5444.